There are a variety of tools and platforms available to undergraduate students.
- Undergraduate students have Office365 email accounts with an email address in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have set a friendly email address in WatIAM, that address will be used as the "from" address on emails you send
- We recommend using Outlook on Windows PCs, Mac computers and mobile devices (download through your device's app store). If you are not getting your email on your computer, you can always access email using web browser at https://portal.office.com
- Mailing Lists: There are a number of email mailing lists that you will be subscribed to automatically. These will have a FROM address ending in @lists.uwaterloo.ca. Do not block email from these lists.
- Faculty, Staff and Grad students use Exchange calendar and may send you an invitation to attend meetings or events.
- Meetings invitations arrive by email and will be marked tentative in your calendar
- Respond to meeting invitations – if you delete the invitation, it will be interpreted as "not attending" and the meeting will be deleted from your calendar and the meeting organizer will get a message indicating that you have declined the meeting.
- Undergraduate students have the account created for them when they arrive on campus. Faculty, Staff and Graduate students must claim their account first (activate it)
- Your Office365 account includes 5TB of OneDrive space and copies of Office software for installation on up to 5 personal devices (home)
- Share files with others at UW (share using their email address - @uwaterloo.ca or @edu.uwaterloo.ca). In order to share files with Faculty, Staff and Graduate students, confirm that they have signed up for Office365
- Students retain access for an additional 16 months after their last registration.
- For complete details and to sign up, see Do More with Office365