Welcome to the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Academic
The principal responsibility of the Associate Vice-President, Academic (AVPA) is oversight of undergraduate education at the University of Waterloo, including curriculum, policies, new programs and program reviews.
The AVPA also assists the Registrar in overseeing enrolment management.
The AVPA works closely with the:
- Faculty Deans
- Associate Deans (undergraduate)
- Other administration in the six faculties
- The Federated University
- The Affiliated University Colleges
- The Secretariat
- Various external agencies and partners (Ontario Universities Council on Quality Assurance, other post-secondary institutions) for all matters regarding undergraduate studies at the University of Waterloo.
The AVPA chairs the:
- Senate Undergraduate Council
- Undergraduate Operations Committee (UOPs)
- Student Services Advisory Committee
- University Committee on Student Appeals
- Distinguished Teacher Awards Committee.
The AVPA co-chairs the: Undergraduate Student Relations Committee.
The AVPA reports to the Vice-President and Provost (see organizational chart). The AVPA is reported to by the directors of the Centre for Extended Learning, Centre for Teaching Excellence, Writing and Communication Centre and the Academic Leadership Program. The AVPA shares oversight of the Centre for the Advancement of Co-operative Education (WatCACE) with the Associate Provost, Co-operative and Experiential Education as well as the Office of Academic Integrity and the Quality Assurance Office, that oversees Academic Program Reviews, with the Associate Vice-President, Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs.
The operation of the AVPA office is managed by the Assistant to the AVPA.
- July 10, 2018