Volunteers help us run projects efficiently and smoothly. Volunteering is a great way to gain hands-on experience in an exercise lab working with different equipment, a variety of participants, and various aspects of research.
With a wide variety of volunteer roles in our lab, you may be asked to help in one or more of the following ways:
- Assist in the delivery of group cognitive and exercise training programs among people with cognitive impairment
- Assist with the recording and flow of focus group conversations among people living with dementia and their care partners
- Assist with data collection of physical activity and sedentary behaviour using wearable devices (accelerometers, actigraph etc.)
- Assist with set-up, delivery, and data collection of acute exercise sessions using a combination of the following equipment:
- Recumbent stepper and cycle ergometer (exercise equipment)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Portable metabolic oxygen consumption (VO2) system
If you are interested in volunteering in our lab, please complete our volunteer form.