You are here

Furniture & Heavy Equipment moving

Moving truckAre you planning to move your office, lab or entire department?

Initially establish, from within your department, a move contact/coordinator.

Please then use the contact list below, to ensure your move goes smoothly:

  1. If you require space to be allocated, contact:
    1. W. Scott (Scott) Nicoll
      Assoc. Provost, Resources
      Phone: 519-888-4631 or ext. 84631
      Office: NH 3060L
  2. Move coordination is arranged through the UW Move Coordinator (Tony Bairos), who will provide logistical direction and oversee the physical movement of product.  Contact Tony at:
    1. Tony Bairos
      Central Stores
      Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 36305
      Office: ECH 135

      Tony will also request that you complete a Move Request Form
  3. Other contacts that must be made when moving:
  • Plant Operations - Work Request form. This work request is required for any space design planning, all items that need to be removed from walls, modular furniture that needs to be taken apart to move and then put back together after the move, as well as for all refrigeration, plumbing, electrical or carpentry requirements.
  • IST - Phone and Computer (to move phones and to arrange for your computer rep. to disconnect and then re-connect all computer systems) send a detailed email to
  • Central Stores - Stores Requisition to order packing boxes (40-0778) and free move labels.  Note:  When finished with the boxes, you may return them to Central Stores for a full credit. Fill out a Central Stores requisition. check off the return for credit box on the form and send it along with the boxes to Central Stores. Please return only those boxes that are in good condition. No credit will be given for boxes that are ripped or with labels or tape left on them. Also there will be no credit given to affiliates and/or associations of the University of Waterloo who are "invoiced".


To all IUTS Users

This year's holiday season break is approaching and we would like to clarify the IUTS shipping schedule for the period.

Similar to prior years, for most users,

  • The last date for IUTS will be Wed. Dec. 20,   2017
  • The last day for deliveries will be Thurs.  Dec. 21, 2017
  • Regular pickups and deliveries will commence again on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018

Exception:  The last day to send books/mail to The University of Toronto is Monday, December 18th 2017 (so as to avoid shipments being undeliverable over the holidays - the UofT is closed effective close of business on Wednesday, Dec. 20th, 2017)

Surplus sale dates

To Be Announced

From 12:30 - 2:00pm

We accept only Cash and WatCard for payment.