With increasing environment concerns, Waterloo Centre for Automotive Research (WatCAR) is dedicated to decreasing harmful tailpipe emissions and fossil fuel dependence. These issues have sparked vital development of advanced combustion technologies for gasoline and diesel powered vehicles. Green propulsion systems are also utilizing hybrid and electric technologies, combining with advanced battery and fuel cell energy sources.
WatCAR researchers are active in both traditional and emerging powertrain systems. There is also expertise in emissions detection, control and analysis.
WatCAR expert researchers offer a broad and diverse range in powertrain and emissions. Select from our list of experts in the right side column or from our list of facilities, groups and labs below.
Powertrain and emissions facilities, groups and labs:
- Applied Nanomaterials & Clean Energy Laboratory
- Centre for Advanced Photovoltaic Devices and Systems (CAPDS)
- Centre for Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (CPAMI)
- Fluid Mechanics Research Laboratory
- Green Energy and Pollution Control Research Lab
- Laboratory of Emerging Energy Research (LEER)
- Mechatronic Vehicle Systems Laboratory (MVS)
- Motion Research Group (MoRG)
- Power and Energy Systems Group
- Turbulent Combustion Modeling Group
- Wind Energy Group