Safety is certainly one of Waterloo Centre for Automotive Research (WatCAR) main concerns. Regulators and manufactures alike target zero fatalities and serious injuries when it comes to vehicle use. Making vehicles safer can contribute, through improved crashworthiness, occupant protection and other factors.
WatCAR researchers are active in structural and safety enhancements. Select from our list of experts in the right side column or from our list of facilities, groups and labs below.
Structure and safety facilities, groups and labs:
- Centre for Advanced Materials Joining (CAMJ)
- Centre for Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (CPAMI)
- Fatigue & Stress Analysis Lab
- Forming & Impact Mechanics Research
- Impact Mechanics & Material Characterization Group
- Innovative Transportation System Solutions Lab
- Materials Engineering & Processing Group