2018 conference theme
How do you motivate your students? Share your practices and research related to motivating teaching and learning on April 26, 2018 at the University of Waterloo's 10th annual Teaching and Learning Conference: Motivating Our Students and Ourselves. Learn with instructors as they share their research, teaching strategies, and much more in interactive workshops, panel discussions, and presentations exploring the role motivation plays in learning and teaching.
Each year, the Conference features:
- A keynote session by a leader in teaching and learning
- An Igniting Our Practice session led by two Waterloo instructors who each recreate an engaging instructional strategy to inspire participants
- Over 30 research and practice-based workshops, panels, presentations, and poster presentations
For the latest information about our upcoming conference, visit our University of Waterloo Teaching and Learning Conference website and stay up-to-date on everything conference-related, from our call for proposals to registration information, scheduling, speaker bios, and more.
The annual University of Waterloo Teaching and Learning Conference is organized by the Centre for Teaching Excellence with the support of the Office of the Associate Vice President, Academic.
- 2017: Cultivating Curiosity in Teaching and Learning
- 2016: Learning from Challenge and Failure
- 2015: Making Teaching and Learning Visible
- 2014: Rethinking and Reframing the Assessment of Learning
- 2013: Barriers and Breakthroughs
- 2012: Fostering Deep Approaches to Learning
- 2011: Opportunities and New Directions
- 2010: Opportunities and New Directions