The Faculty Association of the University of Waterloo (FAUW) works to ensure collegiality, inclusivity, diversity, and academic freedom for 1,370 faculty members at Waterloo. Join us in our efforts to make Waterloo a better place to work and learn.
On the blog:
Read the latest posts on the FAUW blog:
- March 6: Board meeting report: March 2, 2023
- February 27: Member poll on disruptive classroom behaviour
- February 23: Board meeting report: February 16, 2023
- February 17: Retirement advice from your (former) colleagues
- February 8: 15 highlights from our annual tenure and promotion workshops
- February 7: Board meeting report: February 2, 2023
- February 7: Applying for promotion to full professor: Advice for women
Equity & Inclusivity Award Call for Nominations
The FAUW Equity Committee is currently seeking nominations for the 2023 Equity & Inclusivity Award.
Inaugurated in 2012, the Equity & Inclusivity Award recognizes a member, group, or affiliate of the University of Waterloo community. The award is meant to further support individuals or groups who have demonstrated an exemplary commitment to improving equity, inclusivity, and/or diversity at the University of Waterloo.
We've got a new website!
As you can see, we have a new website! We've moved into the latest version of the Waterloo Content Management System and taken the opportunity to move things around in a way that we hope works better for members. Some of the changes include:
- A 'timeline of achievements' that captures many of the highlights of our work over the last few years.
- The Policy Development section, which now has background and updates on all Class-F policies in progress.
- How FAUW works: This page explains the functions of each of the key roles and bodies within FAUW.
- Updates to the Faculty Guide to Working with Waterloo.
- A breakdown of where your dues go.
- And more!
2023 Spring General Meeting
The 2023 Spring General Meeting is tentatively set for April 11, time to be determined.
Voting members will receive further information by email closer to the meeting. Sign up as voting member now.
Our next round of compensation negotiations with the University begins late this year, and we are assembling our negotiating team now. We are looking for a Chief Negotiator and two team members to represent FAUW in the formal negotiations which are scheduled for fall 2023 and winter 2024.