In addition to dozens of roles within FAUW itself, FAUW appoints members to dozens of university committees and other roles to ensure that faculty members’ voices are well represented at all levels of the University. The Nominating and Elections Committee works to find the best-suited people to represent FAUW members in these roles.
Internal FAUW roles
- Elections for the Board of Directors take place in March each year.
- Elections for FAUW president normally take place every two years in the fall term.
- FAUW's standing committees typically recruit new members at the end of the winter term.
- Each department/school chooses its Council member by September each year.
University and joint committees
- Appointments to University and joint committees are filled on an as-needed basis. Look for current openings here.