Conrad Grebel University College
140 Westmount Road North
Waterloo, ON, Canada N2L 3G6
Note: Applications for the 2021/2022 program year are now closed. Stay informed about this opportunity.
Who we're looking for to join the program:
- youth who have a heart for justice, have the desire to see change happen in their community
- youth who can identify a problem within their community
- youth who choose to commit to work towards innovative solutions to the problem
- individuals or teams of two people
Is this you?
2021/2022 Submission requirements
Answer the following questions in preparation for your application:
Short answer (max. 100 words per response):
Why do you want to be part of this program?
What is the problem or issue in your community you want to address?
Long Answer (max. 250 words per response):
How are you connected to the problem? How does it impact you or your community?
The Peace Innovators Scholarship and mentoring program values equity, justice, integrity, responsibility, collaboration, failure and iteration as part of the learning process. Describe 3 of your personal values and how those inform your leadership and innovation.
How do you see this program as part of your life-long journey as an innovator for peace?
In what other ways do you plan to be involved in your community next year? Please list your expected extracurricular commitments for the 2021-2022 school year.
Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
Who have you asked to commit to be your mentor?
Please note that application requirements may change each year.
Issues or problems you might be passionate about...
- Current exclusion of a particular minority/group
- Historical harms against a particular minority/group
- Conflict between peers
- Violence in media
- Mental health awareness