Conrad Grebel University College
140 Westmount Road North
Waterloo, ON, Canada N2L 3G6
Note: The application period is now closed for the 2020/2021 program year.
Who we're looking for to join the program:
- youth who have a heart for justice, have the desire to see change happen in their community
- youth who can identify a problem within their community
- youth who choose to commit to work towards innovative solutions to the problem
- individuals or teams of two people
Is this you?
Answer the following questions in preparation for your application:
Short answer (max. 100 words per response):
Why do you want to be part of this program?
What is the problem or issue in your community?
Long Answer (max. 250 words per response):
Tell us why you believe this is a problem and explain how you understand your role in addressing it.
How do you see this program as part of your life-long journey as a peace innovator?
The Peace Innovators Scholarship and mentoring program values equity, justice, integrity, responsibility, collaboration, failure and iteration as part of the learning process. Describe 3 of your personal values and how those inform your leadership and innovation.
In what other ways do you plan to be involved in your community next year? Please list your expected extracurricular commitments for the 2020-2021 school year
Who have you asked to commit to be your mentor?
Issues or problems you might be passionate about...
- Current exclusion of a particular minority/group
- Historical harms against a particular minority/group
- Conflict between peers
- Violence in media
- Mental health awareness