Who we're looking for to join the program:
- youth who have a heart for justice, have the desire to see change happen in their community
- youth who can identify a problem within their community
- youth who choose to commit to work towards innovative solutions to the problem
- individuals or teams of up to three people
Is this you? Apply in March.
Answer the following questions in preparation for your application:
- What is the issue or problem in your community?
- List three key factors that describe the problem.
- In 200 words or less, tell us why you are passionate about solving this problem.
- Who have you asked to commit to be your mentor?
- As part of your application, you will need to submit a personal reference from your mentor, who will support you throughout the school year by offering feedback and helping you reach your goals.
Issues or problems you might be passionate about...
- Current exclusion of a particular minority/group
- Historical harms against a particular minority/group
- Conflict between peers
- Violence in media
Application will be opening in March
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of Kindred Credit Union Centre for Peace Advancement members.