Renison University College, through the King Sejong Institute (KSI), offers credit-free Korean courses that can help you develop skills to add to your resume and communicate with colleagues and business partners.
Take the first step toward exploring all that Korea has to offer with a Korean language and culture courses at Renison. You'll connect with an international community of Korean speakers, language learners, and perhaps even, K-Pop fans!
Registration deadline: Friday, May 6, 2022
PLEASE NOTE: KL 115, 125, AND 135 WILL BE HELD IN-PERSON; KL 145 WILL BE HELD ONLINE.
|Current course offerings||Tuition fees, discounts, and cancellation policy|
|How to register and how to pay||Course descriptions|
|Course code and title||Dates||Day and time|
|KL 115 - Integrated Korean 1 (IN-PERSON)||
May 18 - July 20
|Wednesdays, 6:00 - 9:40pm|
|KL 125 - Integrated Korean 2 (IN-PERSON)||May 18 - July 20||Wednesdays, 6:00 - 9:40pm|
|KL 135 - Integrated Korean 3 (IN-PERSON)||May 19 - July 21||Thursdays, 6:00 - 9:40pm|
|KL 145 - Integrated Korean 4 (ONLINE)||May 19 - July 21||Thursdays, 6:30 - 8:30pm|
PLEASE NOTE: KL 115, 125, and 135 classes will be held in-person at Renison University College at the time listed above. All students, staff, faculty and visitors coming to the University of Waterloo campus, including to Renison University College, are required to submit proof of vaccination in accordance with the University’s vaccination requirement. Renison students will be required to submit a proof of vaccination confidentially to Renison University College's Human Resources department during their first week of classes.
PLEASE NOTE: KL 145 will be held online synchronously at the time listed above.
Registration deadline: Friday, May 6, 2022
Tuition: $260.00 CAD (language courses)
+ One-time administration fee: $30.00 CAD
NOTE: the administration fee only applies to students that are taking a non-credit language course or Renison Institute of Ministry course for the first time. Students that have previously taken a non-credit language and culture course or Renison Institute of Ministry course do not have to submit this fee again.
Tuition discounts in the amount of $130.00 CAD are available, upon meeting the pre-set requirements, to:
- University of Waterloo/ Renison University College staff and faculty
- those who are 60 years of age or older
*Proof of current student status, employment status, or date of birth is required.
For further information, please contact Anna Fletcher-Marsh.
Cancellation, Withdrawal, and Refund Policy
- If a course is cancelled, the one-time administration fee and tuition will be refunded to students in full or they may defer their registration to the next term (deferrals can be made once).
- The one-time administration fee of $30.00 CAD is non-refundable unless the course is cancelled.
*The administration fee does not apply to students who have previously taken a non-credit Indigenous studies, language and culture, or Institute of Ministry course at Renison.
- Students may withdraw from a course up until the registration deadline for a full tuition refund. After the registration deadline, students may withdraw up until the day before the second class and be refunded 80% of their tuition. After this date, refunds will not be issued.
Requests to withdraw should be sent in writing over e-mail to Anna Fletcher-Marsh.
- Please complete an online registration form.
Once you have submitted your registration form, you will be contacted with further information about your course including course materials, instructor's contact information, and classroom location.
You can pay one of the following ways for your non-credit course:
1. Bank Payment
- Contact email@example.com for your student ID number.
- Add Renison University College as a bill payment “payee”.
- Use your student ID number as the “account number”. Please be very sure that you are using the correct student ID number.
- Allow 2-4 business days for your payment to reach Renison University College.
- If you post-date your payment, we will not be able to process it until the date of the payment. Late fees may apply.
2. Online via our Shopify page.
3. In-person at the Renison English Language Institute (REN 1930) (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm). Payment methods accepted are: cash, cheque, money order, debit, Visa or MasterCard.
Note: you must submit payment for your course prior to the course start date. Please also ensure that you submit payment for the administration fee if this is your first non-credit language and culture course at Renison. In the case you do not submit payment, Renison University College will contact you directly.
This is an introductory course for those who have little or no knowledge of Korean. In this course, students not only learn how to read and write in Korean, but they also learn basic verbal skills, such as how to introduce yourself and ask for directions.
Course code: KL 115
Continuing from Integrated Korean 1, this course introduces students to more advanced sentence structures and vocabularies. Emphasis is placed on the use of expressions in and for real-life settings.
Course code: KL 125
Listen to what Sena has to say about learning Korean through Community and Professional Education at Renison.