The King Sejong Institute (KSI) at Renison University College offers Korean language and culture courses so you can take the first step toward exploring Korea and all it has to offer.
Invest your time by developing the tools that will enable you to join an international community of Korean language learners, speakers, and, perhaps even, K-Pop fans.
|Current course offerings||Tuition fees, discounts, and cancellation policy|
|How to register and how to pay||Course descriptions|
|Course code and title||Dates||Day and time|
|KL 110 - Conversational Korean||September 19 - November 21||Wednesdays, 6:00 - 9:40 pm|
|KL 115 - Integrated Korean 1||
September 20 - November 22
|Thursdays, 6:00 - 9:40 pm|
|KL 125 - Integrated Korean 2||September 20 - November 22||Thursdays, 6:00 - 9:40 pm|
|Korean Culture Club||September 19 - November 21||Wednesdays, TIME TBD|
Registration deadline: September 7, 2018
Tuition: $250.00 CAD
+ One-time administration fee: $30.00 CAD
NOTE: the administration fee only applies to students that are studying a non-credit language at Renison for the first time. Students that have previously taken a non-credit language and culture course at Renison do not have to submit this fee again.
A tuition discount in the amount of $125.00 CAD is available to:
- University of Waterloo/ Renison University College staff and faculty
- those who are 60 years of age or older
*Proof of current student status, employment status, or date of birth is required.
For further information, please contact Anna Fletcher-Marsh.
Cancellation Policy, Administration Fee, and Withdrawal Information
- If the course is cancelled, the administration fee and the tuition will be refunded to you in full or you may defer your registration to another term.
- There is a one-time administration fee of $30.00 CAD that is non-refundable unless the course is cancelled. This fee does not apply to students who have previously taken a non-credit course or a Renison Institute of Ministry course.
- You may withdraw from a course up until the registration deadline and receive a full tuition refund. The administration fee will not be refunded in this instance. After the registration deadline, you may withdraw up until the day before the second class and be refunded 90% of your tuition. After this date, refunds will not be issued.
Requests to withdraw should be sent in writing over e-mail to Anna Fletcher-Marsh.
- Please complete an online registration form.
Once you have submitted your registration form, you will be contacted with further information about your course including course materials, instructor's contact information, and classroom location.
You can pay one of two ways for your non-credit course:
1. Online via our Shopify page.
2. In person at the Renison Reception Office (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm). Payment methods accepted are: cash, cheque, money order, debit, Visa or MasterCard.
Alternatively, cheque or money order payments can be mailed to the Renison Reception Office, 240 Westmount Road North, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G4.
Note: you must submit payment for your course prior to the course start date. Please also ensure that you submit payment for the administration fee if this is your first non-credit language and culture course at Renison. In the case you do not submit payment, Renison University College will contact you directly.
This is an introductory course for those who have little or no knowledge of Korean. In this course, students not only learn how to read and write in Korean, but they also learn basic verbal skills, such as how to introduce yourself and ask for directions.
Course code: KL 115
Continuing from Integrated Korean 1, this course introduces students to more advanced sentence structures and vocabularies. Emphasis is placed on the use of expressions in and for real-life settings.
Course code: KL 125