What is the Sakura Japanese Language School?
The Sakura Japanese Language School at Renison University College provides an environment for students (junior kindergarten to grade six) to enjoy learning Japanese while fostering the four language skills: speaking, listening, writing, and reading. Our goal is to expose our students to Japanese language and culture while developing a broader perspective for the multicultural society we live in.
2023 to 2024 Program Information
is open to students born from 2012 to 2019
maintains a small student-to-teacher ratio
- conducts classes in Japanese
- employs qualified and experienced teachers
- uses original handouts along with textbooks or workbooks
NOTE: the student must have access to Japanese language support at home.
|Term 2 (IN-PERSON)||
January 27, 2024 - June 8, 2024
(No class: March 16, March 30, and May 18)
Make-up day: June 15, 2024
REGISTRATION and PAYMENT DEADLINE: January 12, 2024
JK/SK class: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
G1/G2 class: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
G3/G4/G5/G6 class: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: Class composition is subject to change.
Tuition & Fees
Cancellation, Withdrawal, & Refund Policy
- If the program is cancelled, tuition will be refunded to students in full or they may defer their registration to the next term (deferrals can be made once).
- Students may withdraw from the program up until the program start date for a full tuition refund. After the program start date, students may withdraw up until the day before the second class and be refunded 80% of their tuition. After this date, refunds will not be issued.
How to Register & How to Pay (SAK)
Registrations must be submitted through our student portal. Follow these steps to register for a continuing education course:
- Visit the Continuing Education Courses page in portal.
- Select ‘Details’ next to your course of interest.
- Select ‘Details’ next to the course session you want to register for (if there are no course sessions listed, dates have not yet been confirmed for upcoming classes; please check back later).
- Select ‘Add to Cart’; if you are not signed in to or signed up for an account, you will be prompted to do so now.
- Once in your shopping cart, select ‘Checkout’.
You will receive confirmation of your registration through e-mail to the e-mail address attached to your account. For questions about your course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you run into issues with registration, signing in/up, or have questions about portal, please contact email@example.com.
How to pay
Upon checkout in our student portal (see How to register for further instructions), you will be prompted to pay via online credit card payment.
NOTE: alternative payment options may be available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.