What is the Sakura Japanese Language School?
The Sakura Japanese Language School at Renison University College provides an environment for students (junior kindergarten to grade six) to enjoy learning Japanese while fostering the four language skills: speaking, listening, writing, and reading. Our goal is to expose our students to Japanese language and culture while developing a broader perspective for the multicultural society we live in.
2021 to 2022 Program Information
is open to students born from 2010 to 2017
maintains a small student-to-teacher ratio
- conducts classes in Japanese
- employs qualified and experienced teachers
- uses original handouts along with textbooks or workbooks
|Term 1 (ONLINE)||
September 11, 2021 - January 22, 2022
(no class: October 9, December 25, January 1)
JK/SK class: 11am - 12pm
G1/G2 class: 1pm - 2pm
G3/G4/G5/G6 class: 2pm - 3pm
PLEASE NOTE: Class composition is subject to change.
Tuition & Fees
- $225.00 (for one term tuition)
- An additional workbook fee may apply
Please see How to Register & How to Pay for further information
Cancellation, Withdrawal, & Refund Policy
- If the program is cancelled, tuition will be refunded to students in full or they may defer their registration to the next term (deferrals can be made once).
- Students may withdraw from the program up until the program start date for a full tuition refund. After the program start date, students may withdraw up until the day before the second class and be refunded 80% of their tuition. After this date, refunds will not be issued.
- Please submit an online registration form OR a hardcopy registration form.
To obtain a hardcopy registration form, please contact CAPE@uwaterloo.ca.
You can pay one of the following ways:
1. Bank Payment
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your student ID number.
- Add Renison University College as a bill payment “payee”.
- Use your student ID number as the “account number”. Please be very sure that you are using the correct student ID number.
- Allow 2-4 business days for your payment to reach Renison University College.
- If you post-date your payment, we will not be able to process it until the date of the payment. Late fees may apply.
2. Online via our Shopify page.