What is the Sakura Japanese Language School?
The Sakura Japanese Language School at Renison University College provides an environment for students (junior kindergarten to grade six) to enjoy learning Japanese while fostering the four language skills: speaking, listening, writing, and reading. Our goal is to expose our students to Japanese language and culture while developing a broader perspective for the multicultural society we live in.
2019 to 2020 Program Information
is open to students born from 2008 to 2015
maintains a small student-to-teacher ratio
- conducts classes in Japanese
- employs qualified and experienced teachers
- uses original handouts and textbooks certified by the Japanese government
- provides child-friendly desks and chairs
- offers Japanese calligraphy, musical instruments, computer-based and hands-on activities
- holds school events aimed toward learning about traditional cultures
Saturdays, 1 - 3pm, Sept. 7, 2019 - Jan. 25, 2020
(no class: Oct. 12, Dec. 21, Dec. 28, Jan. 4)
Saturdays, 1 - 3pm, Feb. 1, 2020 - June 13, 2020
(no class: Mar. 21, Apr. 11, May 16)
Tuition & Fees
- $440.00 per year (includes both first and second term)
*You may pay the fees in two installments of $220.00 each. Please see How to Register & How to Pay for further information
- Please submit an online registration form OR a hardcopy registration form.
To obtain a hardcopy registration form, please contact CAPE@uwaterloo.ca.
You can pay one of the following ways:
1. Bank Payment
- Contact email@example.com for your student ID number.
- Add Renison University College as a bill payment “payee”.
- Use your student ID number as the “account number”. Please be very sure that you are using the correct student ID number.
- Allow 2-4 business days for your payment to reach Renison University College.
- If you post-date your payment, we will not be able to process it until the date of the payment. Late fees may apply.
2. Online via our Shopify page.
3. In-person at the Renison Reception Office (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm). Payment methods accepted are: cash, cheque, money order, debit, Visa or MasterCard.
Alternatively, cheque or money order payments can be mailed to the Renison Reception Office, 240 Westmount Road North, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G4.
*To pay in two instalments, please submit a $220 post-dated cheque dated for December 6, 2019 in addition to your initial $220 payment.