The Sakura Japanese Language School at Renison University College provides an environment for students (aged 4 to 10 years) to enjoy learning Japanese while fostering the four language skills: speaking, listening, writing, and reading. Our goal is to expose our students to Japanese language and culture while developing a broader perspective for the multicultural society we live in.
2018 to 2019 Program Information
is open to students born from 2007 to 2014
maintains a small student-to-teacher ratio
- conducts classes in Japanese
- employs qualified and experienced teachers
- uses original handouts and textbooks certified by the Japanese government
- provides child-friendly desks and chairs
- offers Japanese calligraphy, musical instruments, computer-based and hands-on activities
- holds school events aimed toward learning about traditional cultures
Saturdays, 1 - 3pm, Sept. 8, 2018 - Jan. 19, 2019
(no class: Oct. 6, Dec. 22, Dec. 29)
Saturdays, 1 - 3pm, Jan. 26, 2018 - June 8, 2019
(no class: Mar. 16, Apr. 20, May 18)
Tuition & Fees
- $440.00 per year (includes both first and second term)
*You may pay the fees in two installments of $220.00 each. Please see How to Register & How to Pay for further information
- Please submit an online registration form OR a hardcopy registration form.
To obtain a hardcopy registration form, please contact CAPE@uwaterloo.ca.
You can pay one of two ways for your non-credit course:
2. In person at the Renison Reception Office (Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm). Payment methods accepted are: cash, cheque, money order, debit, Visa or MasterCard.
Alternatively, cheque or money order payments can be mailed to the Renison Reception Office, 240 Westmount Road North, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G4.
*To pay in two instalments, please submit a $220 post-dated cheque dated for December 7, 2018 in addition to your initial $220 payment.