World Wetlands Day (WWD) is an annual celebration in recognition of the vital role that wetlands play in supporting biodiversity and providing key ecosystem services. Each year, on February 2nd, the date when the Convention on Wetlands (Ramsar Convention) was adopted in 1971, WWD events take place all around the world.
The Ecohydrology Research Group, has been participating in WWD since 2013 by organizing an annual research symposium at the University of Waterloo. Details of the WWD research symposium from each year can be found in the links below.
- World Wetlands Day 2013: Wetlands and Water Management
- World Wetlands Day 2014: Wetlands and Agriculture
- World Wetlands Day 2015: Wetlands for our Future
- World Wetlands Day 2016: Wetlands for our Future: Sustainable Livelihoods
- World Wetlands Day 2017: Wetlands for Disaster Risk Reduction
- World Wetlands Day 2018: Wetlands for a Sustainable Urban Future