The Anti-racism unit embeds anti-racism principles and practices in the University of Waterloo. Grounded in intersectional anti-racist framework, we achieve our purpose by:
- Redesigning systems, policies and procedures.
- Providing guidance to respond to concerns of racism faced by students, faculty and staff.
- Building and elevating competency in anti-racism principles through programs that centre lived experiences of historically marginalized and oppressed communities.
When to seek out the Anti-racism unit
- You have experienced or witnessed racism on campus and need support or guidance.
- You want to notify the University of a systemic issue in your department, Faculty, Academic Support Unit or school requiring an assessment or audit.
- You are in a department, Faculty, Academic Support Unit or school and want resources to help with anti-racism plans or initiatives.
- You are a senior leader or supervisor seeking guidance to address a complaint and/or disclosure related to racism.
- Policy reviews and audit
- Anti-racism policy and response guideline
- Anti-racism and anti-oppression modules
- Black Excellence Orientation series
- Transitional Year Program