The equity unit identifies and addresses systemic barriers in the University of Waterloo. We aim to achieve this by:
- Leading strategic university wide projects to enhance equity in structures, policies, systems and processes.
- Advising departments, Faculties, Academic Support Units and Schools to integrate equitable practices throughout their plans and operations.
- Providing individual one-on-one support to the University of Waterloo community members on equity issues.
When to seek out the equity unit
- If you have an equity issue – such as ableism, transphobia, sexism, homophobia
- If you want support navigating University systems and processes (for example, support transitioning gender in the workplace).
- If you are looking for support to connect with other resources on campus.
- If you want to notify the University of a systemic equity issue.
- If you are in a department, Faculty, Academic Support Unit, or School and want to get connected with resources to support your equity initiatives or plans.