The Office of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism (EDI-R) and the Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Office (SVPRO) are collaborating to bring Active Bystander Intervention Training to staff and faculty. Participants will be provided with the skills and resources to intervene when they see harmful, or potentially harmful, behaviour which includes racism, sexual violence, and other forms of harm. Bystander Intervention has the potential to foster a culture of consent, care, belonging and respect on our campus, encouraging community care.
Using an Equity focused lens, the objectives of this training are to:
- Understand and define microaggressions, harassment and harm.
- Recognize the complex roots of these normalized oppressions.
- Identify personal obstacles and barriers to intervening safely and effectively.
- Learn how to safely and effectively apply the 5D Active Bystander Model.
- Recognize that everyone has a role in creating a safe and anti-oppressive campus.