Tuesday, April 21, 2020 10:00 am - 10:00 am EDT
Please Note: Based on the recommendations from the University of Waterloo and Health Canada, we have made the decision to cancel all in-person workshops for the remainder of the Winter 2020 term.
Due to these circumstances, we encourage you to take the online course instead of attending an in-person workshop.
- To enrol in the training module, log into LEARN.
- Select "Self Registration" (top middle of the LEARN homepage)
- Search through the listings for the training title, "Equitable Recruitment and Selection Training for Faculty" and select it.
- Select "Register"
- The training module will then be available to start
- If the login fails contact email@example.com for assistance
What: This workshop focuses on the faculty hiring process and promotes best practices for recruitment and selection to ensure that the committee reaches an unbiased and fair decision. The workshop is required for all CRC and CERC-level hires and is strongly recommended for all faculty hires, regardless of position.
How: Through informative and interactive elements, this workshop ensures you will:
- be able to articulate, understand, and challenge the ways that unconscious bias may have an effect on committee considerations;
- have an understanding of the institutional context and legal compliance requirements through which a hiring committee undertakes its work;
- be aware of equity, diversity, inclusion, and First Nations, Métis and Inuit collaborations necessary within research and funding decisions;
- understand how an equitable hiring committee functions to reach the most informed decision.