This workshop is an introductory course for students looking to get a baseline understanding of core foundational concepts and frameworks as it relates to anti-racism, addressing disclosures of racism and bystander intervention.
- Learn a brief overview of racism in Canada.
- Locate our positionality of self (self-awareness).
- Identify and understand racial disclosures.
- Understand trauma-informed and anti-racist approaches to address disclosures of racism.
- Develop strategies to address concerns of racism experienced on campus (collective activity and resources to be sent out after the training).
The workshop will be interactive and requires all participants to engage with the content and collective learning. It is intentionally designed to provide catalyst information to the group so that we can co-create resources and strategies to confront racism within the Institution.