|Centre||Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing|
|Faculty||Faculty of Mathematics|
Fall (September - December)
|Application and document submission deadline(s)||
June 15 (for admission in September)
|Program type||Master's, Professional|
|Length of program||36 months|
What does it take to get in?
Minimum admission requirements
- Four year Bachelors degree (or equivalent) with sufficient university-level mathematical background and with a 75% average.
- At least one year of prior work experience in education, with preference given to those actively teaching in mathematics, science, or computer science at the time of application.
- Two professional references are required
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable.
TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
How much will it cost?
- Visit the graduate program tuition page on the Finance website to determine the tuition and incidental fees per term for your program
What can you expect at Waterloo?
- Review the degree requirements on the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar, including the courses that you can anticipate taking as part of completing the degree.
The Master of Mathematics for Teachers (MMT) program offers teachers the unique opportunity to deepen their understanding of the core foundations of mathematics — online and at their own pace. Designed to strengthen teachers’ knowledge of mathematics and its applications, the MMT combines flexibility with world-class education to deliver a rich learning experience. The program equips graduates to engage their students with renewed confidence and enthusiasm.
- Review the Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing - MMT website to see information about the purpose and delivery of the program, scholarships, and answers to frequently asked questions