Dana Porter Library, Room 328
University of Waterloo Library
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1
(519) 888-4567 x32795
Please note that Geospatial Centre staff will ask library patrons to complete this form before releasing data resources.
I am affiliated with the University of Waterloo as a faculty member, student, or staff member and I agree to abide by terms of the University's contractual obligations to the owner of the data. There may be conditions other than those itemized below that apply.
I will respect the provisions of UWaterloo Policy #64 Use of Proprietary Computer Software whereby the University requires that proprietary software including data sets be used only in accordance with the terms of appropriate licenses, letters of permission, and according to all applicable law including the Copyright Act.
I understand that:
- The data provided to me are for the exclusive purposes of teaching or academic research and academic publishing. These data may not be used for any other purposes without explicit written approval, in advance, of the owner of the data.
- I am prohibited from using these data products in the pursuit of any commercial or income-generating venture either privately or under the auspices of the University of Waterloo.
- The data are released to me as a working copy for my use only. The distribution, sale, donation, transfer or exchange of any portion of these data to anyone else is expressly prohibited.
- I may publish excerpts of the data in research communications such as theses, scholarly articles, and research reports. The owner of the data must be explicitly acknowledged in these communications. An excerpt of the data is a "view" of a portion of the data and includes printouts and/or images in raster but not vector formats.
- Data obtained under this agreement remain the property of the owner of the data. Derivative data sets representing modifications to the data are also licensed unless otherwise stated in the License Agreement. The terms and conditions imposed by the owner of the data as expressed in the License Agreement, are also binding upon me.
- I will erase all copies of the data released to me no later than the end of the current academic term, if used for classroom teaching, or upon completion of my research project, course assignment, and/or thesis work.