Professor and University Research Chair
- 2014 - 2018: Co-chair of the International Society for Relativistic Quantum Information (ISRQI)
- 2004 - 2014: Canada Research Chair for the Physics of Information
- Based in the Department of Applied Mathematics at UW
- Cross-appointed to the Department of Physics at UW
- Associate member of the Institute for Quantum Computing at UW
- Affiliate member of the Perimeter Institute
- Member of the Guelph-Waterloo Physics Institute
- Workload: high
- Born: in the Universität Heidelberg (founded 1386)
- Education: Universities of Heidelberg, Karlsruhe and Munich. Scholarships from LGFG and Studienstiftung.
- Student Life: worked on weekends, used the spring breaks (which lasted from mid-February to mid-April) for 2-months long backpacking trips in South America, Africa and Asia.
- Postdoc: DAMTP, Cambridge (and stipendiary College Research Fellow) and IFT, University of Florida
Favorite Einstein quote: here
University of Waterloo