Contract Research Assistantships: I provide a small number of funded research assistantships to undergraduate and graduate students for helping out with research projects on a term basis. Position availability is based on research needs and funding, typically one position per term.
Master’s and PhD: The Stratford School currently does not offer research graduate programs. However I co-supervise graduate students in Systems Design Engineering at the University of Waterloo and in the Human-Computer Interaction program at Carleton University. You must satisfy the admission requirements of the program that you are applying to. You can find the official application process on the program’s web pages.
Express your interest to join: If you are interested in joining our lab for either opportunity, please email Professor Leah Zhang-Kennedy. The email is a statement of interest only and not a formal application to the university.
In your email, please state:
- The type of position you are applying to (see Current Opportunities).
- The research project and topic that you are potentially interested in working on.
- Whether you are a domestic (Canadian citizen or permanent resident) or international student.
and Include the following supplementary materials:
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- A copy of a piece of writing on any topic. It can be academic (published article or class essay) or non-academic (blog post or online article)
- (optional) If you are interested in design-related research work (e.g., prototyping), please send samples of your designs, an online portfolio, or Github repository.
I always appreciate interested students in applying. However, due to the volume of emails I get, I will only reply to qualified applicants.
If I am not a good fit, I encourage you to contact other research faculty at the Stratford School.