The application process, for entry into the full-time option or part-time option in Fall 2024, opened on September 1 and closes on November 15, 2023.
If you applied by the deadline of November 15, you have until December 1, 2023, 11.59pm (Eastern) to upload ALL supporting documentation into QUEST.
You will be notified in March 2024 as to whether or not you have been offered admission. This information will be posted on QUEST. The three categories are – offer of admission (ADMT); waitlist (WAIT); deny (DENY).
During the admission process applicants may, or may not, be called for an interview.
NOTE: Only ONE application is required - please specify either the Full-Time option or Part-Time option.
You may NOT apply to both options. Choose only ONE option.
Applying is a two-step process:
You will be required to enter each of your educational institutions and the contact details for your three referees (1 academic and 2 professional) at this time - and pay a non-refundable application fee of $125 CAD.
The final date for applications to be submitted online will be November 15, 2023.
You will receive an email from email@example.com within a few business days of submitting your on-line application, with instructions for logging in to QUEST to upload your application materials and supporting documentation. Your Waterloo ID (identification) number will be assigned and sent to you in this email. You should check the junk mail folder for these emails as many email programs put mass mailings in junk mail folders. To avoid this you can add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
Upload your application materials and supporting documentation (ie,UNOFFICIAL transcripts, resume and supplementary information) BY DECEMBER 1, 2023, 11.59pm (Eastern), using QUEST (Waterloo's self-service application system) as follows:
- A full set of materials must be submitted. Graduate Studies & Postdoctoral Affairs has a list of types of documents which can be uploaded.
- Once you upload a document, you cannot go back and replace it with an updated version.
- If you uploaded an incorrect document (ex. a test score instead of a transcript), send an email to email@example.com
- If you're experiencing difficulties uploading your materials, or if you have any questions about how to upload your materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your referees will be contacted by separate email from the Graduate Studies Office, asking them to complete and return a reference form.
- FURTHER INFORMATION about application documentation, including answers to queries about transcripts, references, resume, etc, can be found on the Graduate Studies 'Upload your Documents' web page.
- Need to correct or update your application? If you did not declare some of your previous education, or if you need to change a referee after you apply, please review the Graduate Studies Update your application web page for further information.