Field education is an integral educational component of the BSW Program and is designed to provide students with opportunities for:
- A minimum of 720 hours of field-based learning experiences in community agencies. Full-time students are in their placement settings 3 days per week throughout the program. Part-time students practicum requirements will entail a minimum of two 7 hour days per week between Monday and Friday during business hours.
- An Integration Seminar designed to help students integrate field experiences with academic course content
- The application of social work theory to practice in a social work setting
- Regular professional field instruction
- Professional development as generalist social work practitioners through work with individuals, families, groups, communities and organizations
Our Field Education program also offers professional development opportunities for our community-based field instructors through workshops and programs throughout the year.