Renison University College is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability or disability, including women, Indigenous people, and other visible minorities. All applications will be considered, however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Job openings are posted until the position has been filled. Due to the number of applications received, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renison University College is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any accommodation requests, please contact a member of Renison’s Human Resources department.
Here are the current job openings at Renison:
Renison University College, affiliated with the University of Waterloo, and located on the traditional territories of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee and Attawandaron (Neutral) peoples, invites applications for the full-time, ongoing position of Events and Conferencing Coordinator.
Respected as an inclusive community that values the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students, Renison is committed to engaged education for the well-being of the world, offering degree programs reflecting social engagement through the School of Social Work, and the Social Development Studies Department; global engagement through our Culture and Language Studies Department and Studies in Islam Program; and community engagement in our non-degree programs, including the English Language Institute, through the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education.
Reporting to the Director, External Relations and Communications, the Events and Conferencing Coordinator is responsible for the planning, execution and evaluation of all annual and special events that support Renison’s students, administration, staff, faculty, stakeholders and larger community. This role is the first point of contact for all event inquiries. The incumbent will represent Renison in a manner consistent with the values, goals, and strategic direction of the University College and perform their duties with a high level of transparency and communication with administrators and the President.
- University degree or diploma in Event Management, Hospitality, Public Relations or related field
- Extensive knowledge on best practices and industry trends/standards in event management
- Experience with or commitment to acquire best practices for inclusive event planning
• Event facilitator experience along with demonstrated experience coordinating projects is an asset
- Demonstrated experience working within higher education preferred
- Excellent communication (oral/written) skills with an ability to effectively collaborate
- Outstanding attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills; able to coordinate multiple priorities and a high volume of work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrated project management, analytical and planning abilities
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to exercise diplomacy with political acumen; maintains confidentiality
- Ability to integrate details into the bigger picture, working to support organizational needs and direction
- Ability to problem solve in complex environments with tact and good judgment; to identify and prevent potential problems and generate solutions
- Ability to take initiative, show resourcefulness and be attuned to the needs of various groups/individuals.
- Must exhibit maturity, professionalism and a positive attitude
- Strong computing skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Blackbaud software (Raiser’s Edge) considered an asset
Renison University College respects, appreciates, and actively encourages diversity. As part of Renison’s commitment to equity within the College, we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability or disability including women, Indigenous people, and other visible minorities. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Renison is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all parts of the selection process. Please contact a member of Renison’s Human Resources department with accommodation requests.
Deadline for applications: June 29, 2018 (11:59pm EST)
Application materials should be submitted online as PDF files through Interfolio at: https://apply.interfolio.com/51547. At minimum, a resume and three references should be provided. Please note: only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is available upon request by contacting Tegan Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org