Renison University College respects, appreciates, and actively encourages diversity. As part of Renison’s commitment to equity within the College, we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals with diverse experiences based on race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability or disability, including women, LGBTQ, Indigenous Peoples, and other visible minorities. All applications will be considered, however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Job openings are posted until the position has been filled. Due to the number of applications received, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Renison University College is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any accommodation requests, please contact a member of Renison’s Human Resources department.
Here are the current job openings at Renison:
Renison University College, affiliated with the University of Waterloo, and located on the traditional territories of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee and Attawandaron (Neutral) peoples, invites applications for the part time, ongoing position of Human Resources & Payroll Administrator (20 hours per week; ideally 9am-1pm Monday to Friday).
Respected as an inclusive community that values the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students, Renison is committed to engaged education for the well-being of the world, offering degree programs reflecting social engagement through the School of Social Work, and the Social Development Studies Department; global engagement through our Culture and Language Studies Department and Studies in Islam Program; and community engagement in our non-degree programs through the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education. More information about the College is available at uwaterloo.ca/renison.
Objectives: The Human Resources and Payroll Administrator reports to the Director of Human Resources and is primarily responsible for the completion of administrative work supporting pay and human resources functions within the organization. The incumbent is this role will respond to inquiries, is responsible for payroll entry, monitoring of employee records and general human resources administrative tasks. Additionally, the incumbent will represent Renison in a manner consistent with the values, goals, and strategic directions of organization.
- Post-secondary education and related experience required. A CHRP designation is an asset.
- Previous experience with payroll entry and processing is an asset
- Administrative experience, preferably in a post-secondary setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact tactfully with students, faculty, staff and other internal departments providing strong customer service
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Professional, diplomatic, with possessing the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Highly detail oriented, with an aptitude for accuracy
- Effective organizational skills, with the ability to work with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proficiency in the use of technology (e.g. Word-processing, spreadsheets, electronic presentations, email, file management, etc.) Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Renison University College respects, appreciates, and actively encourages diversity. As part of Renison’s commitment to equity within the College, we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals with diverse experiences based on race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability or disability, including women, LGBTQ, Indigenous Peoples, and other visible minorities. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Renison is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all parts of the hiring process. Please contact a member of Renison’s Human Resources department with accommodation requests.
Deadline for applications: December 16, 2018 (at 11:59pm EST). Interviews will begin the week of January 7, 2019.
Applications, including three references, should be submitted online as PDF files through Interfolio at: apply.interfolio.com/58247. Please note only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is available upon request by contacting Tegan Preston at email@example.com.