Welcome! The Wellness Team at Renison University College is comprised of two Student Services Counsellors and two Chaplains. We aim to create a positive, healthy community, which is responsive to the needs of students. We provide one-on-one services to students, lead wellness programs, and provide consultation and training for students, faculty, and staff.
In each of our roles, we are able to collaborate with students to seek to enhance greater well-being.
|Start counselling||Urgent support options|
|Connect with counsellor Reta||Connect with counsellor Jannah|
|Connect with chaplain Megan||Connect with chaplain Rosalyn|
Programs and services
Student Services Counsellors
We focus on student well-being at Renison. Our staff includes a team of Student Services Counsellors. We provide services for students who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Students who live in residence at Renison
- Renison-registered students in Faculty of Arts majors
- Social Development Studies students, Bachelor of Social Work students, and students in minor programs offered here (East Asian Studies, Applied Language Studies, and Studies in Islam)
- Students in programs offered by the English Language Institute (ELI)
- Students enrolled in the English For Multilingual Speakers (EMLS) program
Using an anti-oppressive, culturally-sensitive, and holistic framework, we aim to help students overcome the challenges they face. We believe that everyone has strengths to navigate challenges. We assist students experiencing a wide variety of life difficulties and mental health issues and offer a range of treatment approaches.
Our services include:
Counselling and psychotherapy services - We offer up to 6 free counselling sessions each term. This amounts to one session approximately every two weeks in an academic term, depending on staff and student schedules.
To begin these services, students are asked to meet with one of the counsellors for an intake or registration meeting within the times outlined below. If students are not able to meet us within those times, they are welcome to contact us and find an alternate time.
When? Tuesdays, 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Fridays, 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Where? Tuesdays in REN 2303
Fridays in REN 2304A
Students should try to arrive by 1:10 p.m. on either day to ensure that they have a minimum of 20 minutes with the counsellor(s).
- Wellness programs - We hold programs throughout fall and winter academic terms to promote student well-being and build a community for support. To learn about current programs, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/studentwellnessatrenison/
- Education - We lead workshops and provide consultation for students, peer leaders, staff, and faculty.
- Referrals - We share information for students to be able connect with services on campus and in the community.
Need help now? Between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., please visit one of our counsellors.
- If this is an emergency, please call 911 or go to your local emergency facility.
- For urgent needs on campus, please call UW Police Services at 519-888-4911.
- In case of a crisis, please call a 24-hour helpline:
- Here 24/7: 1-844-437-3247
- Good2Talk: 1-866-925-5454
- Sexual Assault Support Line: 519-741-8633
The Ven. Megan Collings-Moore and Rev. Rosalyn Elm are Anglican priests and are responsible for the spiritual and pastoral care for the college, as well as the wider university.
Spiritual care includes:
- offering worship services
- acting as a spiritual director
- helping students and staff ask faith questions
- valuing our spiritual lives
Pastoral care includes:
- being a listening ear
- a 'safe' person to talk to
- supporting people as they live through life's struggles
- connecting people to other resources when necessary
To find out more, visit the Ministry Centre.
Meet our student services counsellors
519-884-4404 x 28736
Room: REN 2303
Education: Specialized Honours B.A. in Psychology and a Certificate of Advanced French Language Proficiency, York University
M.S.W. with a concentration in Individuals, Families, and Groups, Wilfrid Laurier University
Interests: music, art, international cuisine, nature, community development
Quote to live by:
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
519-884-4404 x 28616
Room: REN 2304A
Education: BA in Peace & Conflict Studies, Mount Allison University
MA in Community Counselling, Appalachian State University
Addictions Certificate, Wilfrid Laurier University; Post-Master’s Certificate in Expressive Arts, Appalachian State
Interests: Being outdoors, exercise, enjoying family & friends, great food, Renison flash mobs & having fun
Quote to live by:
“Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh
Meet our Chaplains
519-884-4404 Ext. 28604
Room: REN 1108 (Ministry Centre)
Education: B.A. Philosophy, Trent University
M.Div. Huron University College
Interests: Hiking, art (including sketching and oil painting), story-telling, religious humour, good food & drink
Quote to live by:
“The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.” - Frederick Buechner
519-884-4404 Ext. 28716
Room: REN 2304B
Education: M.Div. Huron University College
Interests: Hockey, air soft, video games, gym, and art.
Quote to live by:
“I’ve decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” – Martin Luther King Jr.