To work in Canada, you need a SIN from Service Canada and you must meet the various requirements. Just having a SIN does not mean you are automatically eligible to work in Canada. 

The SIN application is free. The application for your first SIN or a SIN extension can be submitted in person or online. When you apply to extend your SIN as a temporary resident in Canada, the number doesn't change.