Members of Waterloo Intelligent Systems Engineering lab helped develop and deliver another successful automated driving demonstration for Renesas at Consumer Electronics Show (CES'18) in Las Vegas, Jan 8-11, 2018. The car performed flawlessly for four days, delivering automated driving experience to hundreds of visitors.
This year, the demo included
- navigation using high-definition map by Ushr,
- reverse and parallel parking,
- driving out of the parking spaces onto the track,
- enhanced emergency pullover behaviour,
- vehicle to infrastructure (V2I) communication with traffic lights,
- vehicle to vehicle (V2V) communication with another car,
- stop sign handling and yielding to a car oncoming from the right,
- traffic lights handling, left turn at a four-way intersection, and yielding to a car oncoming from the opposite direction.
For more about our collaboration with Renesas, visit Renesas Autonomy.