Position: One PhD student, for 3-4 years
Supervised by Professor Norman Zhou and Professor John Wen
Employer: University of Waterloo, Faculty of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Work location: Waterloo
Starting date: Fall 2010
We have an open graduate research assistantship position for a PhD degree on nanoenergetic materials aiming for microelectronics packaging, flexible electronics and nanodrug (cancer therapy) development. This position is available for Fall 2010 and untill filled.
- Synthesis of Al nanoparticles, CuO nanowires and Al/CuO core-shell nanostructures
- Thermite reaction and ignition mechanism
- Development of neneenergetic materials for microelectronic/flexible electronic packaging
- Nanomedicines and laser therapy
- University degree in material, electrical, or mechanical engineering, experimental/applied physics, chemical physics.
- Computing simulation skills using various methods, potential and interests to deal with biological systems and experience for successful publications are plus.
- The successful candidate is innovative, responsive, communicative, and sincerely interested in the success of the research and career development.
- Canadians and landing immigrants have priority but not required.