Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering
University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1
Phone: (226) 700-5152
Graduated May 2018
2008: MASc, Mechanical Engineering, University of Garyounis, Benghazi-Libya
2004: BSc, Mechanical Engineering, University of Garyounis, Benghazi-Libya
- ARC welding processes such as GMAW and GTAW.
- Physical metallurgy and welding metallurgy of engineering alloys
- Micro/Nano instrumented Indentation
- Material Characterization (Microstructure and Mechanical Properties)
- Nonlinear finite element modelling
- Professor A. Gerlich
- A. R. H. Midawi, C. H. M. Simha , M. A. Gesing , A. P. Gerlich, “Elastic-plastic Property Evaluation Using A Nearly Flat Instrumented Indenter”, International Journal of Solids and Structures (IJSS), March 2016.
- A.R.H. Midawi, C.H.M. Simha and A.P. Gerlich, Novel techniques for estimating yield strength from loads measured using nearly-flat instrumented indenters, Materials Science & Engineering A (2016).
- Abdelbaset Midawi, Y. Kisaka, E.B.F. Santos, A.P. Gerlich, “Characterization of Local Mechanical Properties of X80 Pipeline Girth Welds Using Advanced Techniques”, Accepted at International Pipeline Conference 2016, IPC2016-64238, September 26-30th, Calgary, AB, Canada. (Peer reviewed paper).
A.R.H. Midawi , E.B.F. Santos, N. Huda, A. K. Sinha, R. Lazor, A.P. Gerlich. (2015) Microstructures and Mechanical Properties in Two X80 Weld Metals Produced Using Similar Heat Input. Journal of Materials Processing Technology 226(September): 272-279.