The 1st International Conference on Water Security will be held in Toronto, Ontario. The conference complements the launch of Elsevier's new journal on Water Security.
Themes and topics:
- How do water governance, institutions, aging infrastructure and finance come together to achieve water security in the developed world?
- The science of integrated water management (smart watersheds, water services, agricultural, energy, minerals and other use systems, environmental flows, legacies, collaborative governance, BMPs)
- Climate, renewable energy, economic development and demographic change and migration: challenges or opportunities for regional water security. Water security and conflict (either transboundary water cooperation or armed conflict and water)
- Urban water security
- Technological innovation and big data for water security: emerging directions and prospects
- Indigenous and hybrid knowledge systems, common-pool resource systems, and perspectives in water security
- Sustainable development, ecosystems and human health as water security objectives
- Water and health
The deadline for abstract submission is December 15, 2017.