- Zhenzhong Si and S. Scott. 2021. “Employing an Agroecological Approach to Achieve Sustainable Development Goals: A Case Study from China.” In CD Caldwell and Songliang Wang (eds.), Introduction to Agroecology. New York: Springer. pp.313-333.
- Geoff Luehr, Alesandros Glaros, Zhenzhong Si and Steffanie Scott. 2020. “Urban agriculture in Chinese cities: Practices, motivations and challenges.” In Alec Thornton (ed.), Urban Food Democracy and Governance in North and South. London: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 291-309.
- Qi, D., Z. Si, and S. Scott, "Can We Be More Collaborative? Top-Down Policies and Urban–Rural Divides in the Ecological Agriculture Sector in Nanjing, China", Society & Natural Resources, 06/2020.
- Si, Z., T. Schumilas, W. Chen, T. Fuller, and S. Scott, "What Makes a CSA a CSA? A Framework for Comparing CSAs with Cases of Canada and China", Canadian Food Studies, vol. 7, issue 1, 2020.
- Qi, D., Transitions to Ecological Agriculture in Nanjing, China: Farm Types, Social-Political Networks, and Rural Communities (thesis), 2020.
- Scott, S., and Z. Si, Why China is emerging as a leader in sustainable and organic agriculture: The Conversation, 2020.
- Si, Z., and S. Scott, "China’s Changing Food System: Top-down and Bottom-up Forces in Food System Transformations (PDF)", Canadian Journal of Development Studies, vol. 40, issue 1, 2019.
- Si, Z., Y. Li, P. Fang, and L. Zhou, "“One Family, Two Systems”: Food Safety Crisis as a Catalyst for Agrarian Changes in Rural China", Journal of Rural Studies, vol. 69, 05/2019.
- Si, Z., "Shifting from Industrial Agriculture to Diversified Agroecological Systems in China (PDF)", The Reclaiming Diversity and Citizenship Series: Coventry University, 2019.
- Scott, S., Z. Si, T. Schumilas, and A. Chen, "Organic Food and Farming in China: Top-down and Bottom-up Ecological Initiatives (PDF)", Earthscan Food and Agriculture, New York, Routledge, 2018.
- Si, Z., N. Dai, and D. Qi, "An Overview of Critical Issues of Alternative Food Networks in the Global Context (PDF)", China Agricultural University Journal of Social Sciences Edition, vol. 35, issue 4, pp. 127-136, 2018.
- Scott, S., "Seeds and Sprouts for Peasants to Regain Market and Political Power", Journal of Rural Studies, vol. 57, 2018.
- Si, Z., "Rebuilding Consumer Trust in Food: Community Supported Agriculture in China", Sustainable Food Futures: Multidisciplinary Solutions, London and New York, Routledge, pp. 34-45, 2017.
- Si, Z., T. Schumilas, and S. Scott, "Um Retrato das Redes Agroalimentares Alternativas na China", Cadeias curtas e redes agroalimentares alternativas: Negócios e mercados da agricultura familiar, Porto Alegre, Brazil, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria (UFSM), pp. 351-380, 2017.
- He, X., N. Halberg, S. Cook, S. Scott, F. Martin, and X. Pan, "Certified Organic Agriculture as an Alternative Livelihood Strategy for Small-scale Farmers in China: A Case Study in Wanzai County, Jiangxi Province", Ecological Economics, vol. 145, pp. 301-307, 2017.
- Meng, F., Y. Qiao, W. Wu, P. Smith, and S. Scott, "Environmental Impacts and Production Performances of Organic Agriculture in China: A Monetary Valuation", Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 188, issue 1, pp. 49-57, 2017.
- Si, Z., and S. Scott, "Local, Organic Szechuan: China’s Urbanites are Finding Safer Food with Community Supported Agriculture (PDF)", Alternatives Journal, vol. 43, issue 2, pp. 58-61, 2017.
- Schumilas, T., and S. Scott, "Beyond ‘Voting with Your Chopsticks’: Community Organising for Safe Food in China", Asia Pacific Viewpoint, vol. 57, issue 3, 12/2016.
- Si, Z., and S. Scott, "The Convergence of Alternative Food Networks within "rural development" initiatives: The Case of the New Rural Reconstruction Movement in China", Local Environment, vol. 21, issue 9, pp. 1082-1099, 2016.
- Si, Z., and S. Scott, "Approaching Sustainable Urban Development in China through a Food System Planning Lens", Hungry Cities Discussion Paper, 2016.
- Si, Z., T. Schumilas, and S. Scott, "Characterizing Alternative Food Networks in China", Agriculture and Human Values, vol. 32, issue 2, 2015.
- Wang, R. Yu, Z. Si, S. Scott, and C. Nam Ng, "The Transformation of Trust in China’s Alternative Food Networks: Disruption, Reconstruction, and Development", Ecology and Society , vol. 20, issue 2, 2015.
- Si, Z., "Alternative Food Networks and Rural Development Initiatives in China: Characterization, Contestations and Interactions", Geography and Environmental Management, vol. PhD, Waterloo, University of Waterloo, 2015.
- Chen, A., "China’s Path in Developing Organic Agriculture: Opportunities and Implications for Small-scale Farmers and Rural Development", Geography and Environmental Management, vol. PhD, Waterloo, University of Waterloo, 2015.
- Scott, S., Z. Si, T. Schumilas, and A. Chen, "Contradictions in China’s Path to Zero Food Safety Risk: State- and civil society-driven developments in the ecological agriculture sector", Food Policy, vol. 45, issue 2, 2014.
- Chen, A., and S. Scott, "Rural Development Strategies and Government Roles in the Development of Farmers’ Cooperatives in China", Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development, vol. 4, issue 3, 2014.
- Schumilas, T., "Alternative Food Networks with Chinese Characteristics", Geography and Environmental Management, vol. PhD, Waterloo, University of Waterloo, 2014.