In response to a growing number of teams, a car limit has been enacted for the 2016 competition. This consists of two parts:
- An entry limit, limiting teams to three entries each.
- A requirement that teams participate in both the 12 and 24 V races if they are using more than one entry.
Both requirements must be satisfied. Teams will indicate which entries they are using on the registration form. Teams are expected that they will notify the planning team in advance if their plans change.
Teams will be limited to three entries. One entry is one car in one race. For example:
- A team that brings one car and races it in one race has it count as one entry.
- A team that brings one car and races it in two races has used two entries.
- A team that brings two cars and races them both in both races would have used four entries (not permitted).
Teams must race in 12 and 24 V races
Teams that choose to use more than one entry must participate in both races. That is, a team may:
- Race one car in the 12 V race only
- Race one car in the 24 V race only
- Race two cars in the 24 V race if and only if they use their last entry on the 12 V race.
- Race two cars in the 12 V race if and only if they use their last entry on the 24 V race
Questions & clarifications
If a team has questions about the new rules, please contact Peter Teertstra for clarification.