The Fall Kickoff takes place every autumn at the Waterloo Region Emergency Fire Training & Research Centre. This race provides teams an opportunity to inspire new students and jump-start their build season.
The next competition took place on Saturday September 28th 2019.
The kickoff culminates with a one-hour 12 V race. All teams attending are invited to enter one or two cars into the race.
Registration for the Fall Kickoff takes place in two parts:
- Online registration completed ahead of the event.
- On-site registration, handed in during the registration period during the event.
NEW this year we ask that with every car registered you will be required to supply a volunteer to score a car during the race. The car will be chosen at random by the EV Challenge organisers. The volunteer can be a student, a parent or sibling.
The Fall Kickoff Race, and the Electric Vehicle Challenge will use a streamlined registration process. This replaces a large amount of paperwork, previously used, with a few key forms.
Teams will provide:
- Integrated Registration Form
- A complete Team Roster, showing (at minimum) all drivers.
- For each car, a completed Safety Inspection Checklist, completed by the team's lead advisor / instructor.
Teams should refer to the competition rules.
|9:45 am - 10:00 am||
|10:00 am- 11:30 am*||
* The time allotted to 12 V race is longer than the expected race duration — this is to allow for cars to be stopped, moved off the track, repaired, etc.
Special note for new teams
Teams will need to undergo an inspection of their car prior to racing. Teams that have not had their car inspected recently (i.e. did not compete at the 2018 Waterloo EV Challenge) are asked to arrive promptly at 8:30 am so that their vehicles can be inspected first.
Teams which arrive late may have their car inspected while the team attends the information session.
The competition will take place at the Waterloo Region Emergency Fire Training & Research Centre, accessed through Gate #3 at the Region of Waterloo landfill site on Erb Street. Using a GPS, the address is 1043 Erbs Rd., St. Agatha, Ontario.
Teams must arrive before 9 am, as the access gate will only be open between 8 and 9 am. After this time, a volunteer will need to come to let you in. There will be signs with a phone number to phone outside the gate.