For the Spring 2020 term, all one-on-one meet-ups will be offered through virtual video chat appointments only.
What's a one-on-one meet-up?
Renison ELI offers our BASE, EFAS, and GEAR students the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a Peer Leader, your Student Advisor, or the Student Experience Manager, to practice English, learn about study strategies, or get help applying to a university or college in Canada. These meetings are usually an hour in length, but can be customized for a shorter or longer time if needed.
During a one-on-one meet-up, we can chat about anything related to your personal and academic success, including:
• Study strategies, including textbook skim/scanning, notes reviews, test taking tips and dealing with test anxiety
• Time management help and helping you organize all of your assignments, tests, study time—and find time to attend events also!
• Questions about life at Waterloo and being a successful student
• Support with adjusting to life in Canada and the city of Waterloo.
• Conversations about mental health wellness and how to build healthy strategies into your day-to-day schedule.
• English practice! Just meet with us and practice your conversational English. We can talk about anything you like!
If you have any questions, please contact A.J. Dixon, Student Advisor.
Want a one-on-one meet-up?
To register for a one-on-one meet-up, please complete our Google Form online.