|Analysis||Cost $CAD||Sample Size||Normal Turnaround|
|Deuterium and Oxygen in H2O||δ2H+δ18O in H2O by LGR OA-ICOS (potable)||$35||2 mL||4-5 weeks|
|δ18O in H2O by CO2 Equilibration||$30||30 mL||4 weeks|
|Tritium||Tritium, direct (±6 T.U.)||$50||30 mL||5 weeks|
|Tritium, enriched (~15x) (±0.8 T.U.)||$175||600 mL||10 weeks|
|Tritium, ultra low level (~50x) (±0.1 T.U.)||$500||2000 mL||10 weeks|
|Dissolved Species||δ15N + δ18O in Dissolved Nitrate (chemical denitrifier)||$100||30 mL
0.5 mg/L N
|δ34S or δ18O in Dissolved Sulphate||$90||1 mg S/O||8 weeks|
|δ34S + δ18O in Dissolved Sulphate||$135||1 mg S/O||8 weeks|
|δ15N in Dissolved Ammonium||$100||5 mg N||10 weeks|
|δ13C or δ2H in Dissolved Methane||$50||2 nmol||10 weeks|
|δ13C, DIC||$50||5 µg C||4 weeks|
|δ13C, DOC||$50||40 µg C||4 weeks|
|Elemental Analysis||δ13C + δ15N||$26||Details||8 weeks|
|δ13C + δ15N, pre-weighed||$15||Details||8 weeks|
|δ13C + δ15N, filter paper||$35||Details||10 weeks|
|Compound Specific||δ2H on CxHy, per compound
i.e. BTEX, VOC, solvents, etc.
|$120||100 ppb||12 weeks|
|δ13C on CxHyClz, per compound
i.e. BTEX, VOC, solvents, etc.
|$100||40 ppb||12 weeks|
|δ2H in 1,4-Dioxane (Low level extraction available)||$150||100 ppb||12 weeks|
|δ13C in 1,4-Dioxane (Low level extraction available)||$130||40 ppb||12 weeks|
|δ37Cl on CxHyClz, per compound
i.e. DCA, DCE, TCA, TCE, etc. / VC, PCE
|$150/$200||5 ppb/10 ppb||12 weeks|
|Halogens||δ37Cl, inorganic||$225||3 mg||10 weeks|
|δ81Br, inorganic||$300||3 mg||10 weeks|
|Other||87Sr/86Sr||$300||5 µg||8 weeks|
|δ18O + δ13C, Carbonate||$50||5 mg||6 weeks|
|AMS 14C + δ13C DIC||$300||3 mg C||10 weeks|
|Pure Gas (CO2 or N2) Pyrex® glass breakseals 6 mm OD, 9-12 cm long||$20||1 mL||3 weeks|
A selection of sample submission, labelling and shipping tips is available for reference.
Returning clients can make note of their Client ID to expedite the sample submission process.
Before submitting samples to the Environmental Isotope Lab (EIL), please ensure the following:
- A sample list template (XLSX) including "Billing Information" has been completed and emailed to the EIL as well as included in your shipment as a printout.
- New Clients: Fill out "Client" and "Invoicing" information. Make note of your Client ID when assigned
- Returning Clients: If a Client ID has been assigned and is included, "Invoicing Info" is not required
- If your institution requires a purchase order (PO), make sure it is emailed to the EIL.
- Make sure billing information (DOCX) is provided (not necessary if already completed in the sample list template). Billing will occur after analyses are complete.
- A chain of custody form (DOCX) is available to help facilitate delivery.
- If shipping from outside of Canada, a customs clearance form (DOCX) is available. It must be sent to both Reem and Christine (UW Procurement) as well as printed and attached to the outside of your shipping container.
- Make sure to indicate that the shipment is Delivered Duty Paid (DDP). When preparing the Waybill for your carrier, check all transportation charges to sender and all duties and taxes to sender.
- Country Specific Taxes: Please let us know if there are any supplemental taxes at your end that we need to account for. There are no Canadian taxes for research.
- Sample Chemistry: We require the actual chemistry/concentrations of the samples provided to us to perform the analyses including units. This is critical as sample preparations are based on this information. If samples need to be reprocessed due to incorrect information, an additional fee may be incurred.
- Company or personal cheque
- Credit Card: VISA, VISA Debit, Master Card, AMEX (Canadian funds only)
- EFT/Wire Transfer
519-888-4567, ext. 35838
Reem El Mugammar
EIL Client Services
University of Waterloo
Environmental Isotope Laboratory (EIT 5025)
263 Phillip Street
Waterloo, ON N2L 3W8