As part of the National Indigenous History Month events across campus, Indigenous Initiatives Office is offering campus community members a chance to stream artist, musician, and creator iskwē in her performance with the Kitchener Waterloo Symphony (KWS).
Indigenous artist, musician, and creator iskwē joins the KWS for a collaboration featuring music from her latest award-winning album, acākosīk, and previous acclaimed releases. A collection of sonic explorations that blur the lines between sources and styles, acākosīk incorporates more intense and urgent tinges of alternative, post-rock, and even industrial. The cohesive-yet-combustible result tips a cap to modern innovators like Florence + The Machine and FKA twigs while simultaneously borrowing sounds accumulated over centuries by iskwē’s Cree and Métis ancestors.
Andrei Feher, Conductor
iskwē, Guest Artist
Language advisory: Please be advised that the song “Night Danger” contains explicit language. In the concert video the song runs from approximately the 53 minute mark to the 58 minute mark.
A limited number of registrations are available during the month of June for campus members to video stream this performance for free in your home. To avoid missing out, register for your promotional code as soon as you can. The video stream must be watched by June 30. Because there are only a limited number of spots, please only register if you are able to view the performance within this time period.
Video on-demand is facilitated via the KWS’ website with unique promotional code provided after you register.
Redeeming Your Promotional Code
1. Log into your KWS Online Account. Alternatively, follow the directions on that page to create a new account or reset a password for an existing account.
2. Once you are logged into your account, locate the iskwē with the KWS concert and click ‘PURCHASE’.
3. On the concert ticket page, enter your promotional code in the top left corner of the page & click the ‘SUBMIT’ button. Your promotional code will be emailed to you upon registration.
4. A new ticket type called “Complimentary Online Stream – UW Group” is available. Select 1 from the drop-down menu & click the ‘ADD TO CART’ button.
5. You will be taken to your shopping cart with a $0 total. Click the ‘CHECK OUT’ button to proceed. Be aware, that you have 20 minutes from now to complete your transaction or it will be cancelled.
6. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address.
Accessing Your Concert Stream
The iskwē with the KWS concert will be available to view on-demand for a limited number of campus community members until Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 11:59PM. Please keep your promotional code confidential, but within the same household, you may view this concert as many times as you would like during the availability period. Available concerts can be accessed from the ‘ONLINE CONCERTS’ tab in your ‘ACCOUNT MENU’. Click ‘VIEW CONCERT’ to access the concert page.
This concert is available to view in English and French.
Don't forget to refer to the Online Concert FAQ and the Online Concert Technical Guide (PDF) for tips to improve your viewing experience.