Is your institution exempt from the English language proficiency requirement?
Refer to the World Higher Education Database (WHED)
- Go to the WHED homepage
- On the right side of the page there is an HEI Quick Search section
- filter by country or choose all countries
- Enter all or part of your institution's name in the search box
- Under Search choose All institutions
- A Search results Institution(s) screen will appear
- the default is IAU members first, you can change this drop down to Institution for an alphabetical listing
- Find your institution and click on the + (plus sign) located on the right below the country name
- an information page will open for your institution
- Under Language(s)
- if English is the only language listed your institution is exempt
- if English is listed with another language, or not listed at all, then your institution is not exempt.
- NOTE: ELP exemption from a WHED institution expires two years after graduation.