|Faculty||Faculty of Mathematics|
Fall (September - December)
|Application and document submission deadline(s)||
January 15 (for admission in September)
|Program type||Co-operative, Master's, Professional|
|Length of program||16 months|
What does it take to get in?
Minimum admission requirements
- Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics or a related field, with a minimum overall average of 78%.
- Experience at the senior level in at least one of computer science or statistics.
- Supplementary information form (SIF)
- The SIF contains questions specific to your program, typically about why you want to enrol and your experience in that field. Review the application documents web page for more information about this requirement
- If a statement or letter is required by your program, review the writing your personal statement resources for helpful tips and tricks on completion
- Three references are required; at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable
- TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
How much will it cost?
- Use the student budget calculator to estimate your cost and resources
- Visit the graduate program tuition page on the Finance website to determine the tuition and incidental fees per term for your program
- Review the study and living costs
- Review the funding graduate school resources for graduate students
What can you expect at Waterloo?
- Review the degree requirements in the Graduate Studies Academic Calendar, including the courses that you can anticipate taking as part of completing the degree
- Check out profiles of current graduate students to learn about their experience at Waterloo
- Check out the Waterloo campus and city tours
- Review the Data Science website to see information specific to your program of interest