At a glance:
Graduate research fields
- Conflict and Security
- Global Environment
- Global Justice and Human Rights
- Global Political Economy
- Global Social Governance
- Multilateral Institutions and Diplomacy
Minimum admission requirements
- The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Global Governance is a joint program between the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University (WLU).
- Applicants to this program apply to either the University of Waterloo or Wilfrid Laurier University, but admissions decisions to the program are made jointly by the Inter-University Program Committee. Successful applicants are assigned a “home” university at which they enrol.
- Three references, at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $470.90 incidental fees per term (as of January 2020)
- International students, full-time: $6,972.00 tuition and $682.90 incidental fees per term (as of January 2020)
- Due to funding restrictions, the Faculty of Arts is currently limiting the number of international students we can admit. Please contact the department's Associate Chair, Graduate Studies prior to applying to discuss your interest in our programs. This limit does not apply to the Warrick double degree.
- Study and living costs
- January 15, 2020 (for admission in September 2020)