At a glance:
Application and document submission deadlines
- February 1 (for admission in September)
- Contact department for admission in January and May
Considerations for international students before submitting an application:
- While the Faculty of Health at the University of Waterloo values international students in our graduate programs, we can only accept a small proportion of these students.
- Guaranteed funding packages may not be able to cover all tuition and living expenses incurred during a graduate program and students are encouraged to understand more about the cost of completing their graduate program before applying.
Graduate research fields
- Physiology and Nutrition
Minimum admission requirements
- An Honours Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with at least a 75% average.
- Letter indicating why the student wishes to pursue graduate studies.
- Two academic references from faculty members who taught the applicant as an undergraduate.
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25 speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- To determine the tuition and incidental fees per term for your program, visit the Graduate program tuition page on the Finance website. Once you are on the page:
- Choose your program type: master’s & diploma programs or doctoral programs
- Choose your residency status: Canadian/permanent resident or international
- Choose a term (tuition amounts for future terms are posted approximately two months prior to the start of each term and incidental fees are subject to change)
- Find your program under the appropriate faculty. Tuition amounts are listed per term, with three terms occurring over the course of a year.
- Review the study and living costs
Kinesiology MSc student Siyavash was the "People's Choice" award winner of GRADflix 2019