At a glance
Application and document submission deadline
- February 1 (for admission in September)
- June 1 (for admission in January of the following year)
- October 1 (for admission in May of the following year)
Graduate research fields
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Pharmacy Practice and Health Services Research
- Pharmacoepidemiology and Health Outcomes Research
Minimum admission requirements
- A 78% overall standing in a two-year Master of Science (MSc) or equivalent degree, in a relevant field.
- We expect that most students entering our program will have previously graduated from a thesis based MSc degree. There is a possibility to be admitted to the PhD program in the absence of a thesis based MSc and equivalency will be established on a case-by-case basis. The Admissions Committee however, will require evidence that the student has fulfilled the expected MSc outcomes even in the absence of the MSc degree.
- Three references, at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25 speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- To determine the tuition and incidental fees per term for your program, visit the Graduate program tuition page on the Finance website. Once you are on the page:
- Choose your program type: master’s & diploma programs or doctoral programs
- Choose your residency status: Canadian/permanent resident or international
- Choose a term (tuition amounts for future terms are posted approximately two months prior to the start of each term and incidental fees are subject to change)
- Find your program under the appropriate faculty. Tuition amounts are listed per term, with three terms occurring over the course of a year.
- Review the study and living costs