At a glance:
Graduate research fields
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Social Psychology
Minimum admission requirements
- A 80% overall standing, or equivalent, in the last two years of study in the previous degree is the minimum requirement for admission.
- Please note that in most areas a Master’s degree is not required for admission into the PhD program (the exceptions are Social Psychology and Clinical Psychology).
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Three academic references
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $470.90 incidental fees per term (as of January 2020)
- International students, full-time: $6,972.00 tuition and $682.90 incidental fees per term (as of January 2020)
- Due to funding restrictions, the Faculty of Arts is currently limiting the number of international students we can admit. Please contact the department's Associate Chair, Graduate Studies prior to applying to discuss your interest in this program.
- Study and living costs
- December 1, 2020 (for admission in September 2021)
This video by Waterloo Psychology PhD Siobhan Sutherland was a finalist in the 2019 GRADflix competition.