At a glance:
- December 1 (for admission in September of the following year)
Graduate research fields
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Social Psychology
Minimum admission requirements
- A 80% overall standing, or equivalent, in the last two years of study in the previous degree is the minimum requirement for admission.
- Please note that in most areas a Master’s degree is not required for admission into the PhD program (the exceptions are Social Psychology and Clinical Psychology).
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
Note: the GRE requirement is being waived for the Fall 2021 intake.
- Three academic references
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $491.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- International students, full-time: $7,182.00 tuition and $703.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- Due to funding restrictions, the Faculty of Arts is currently limiting the number of international students we can admit. Please contact the department's Associate Chair, Graduate Studies prior to applying to discuss your interest in this program.
- Study and living costs
This video by Waterloo Psychology PhD Siobhan Sutherland was a finalist in the 2019 GRADflix competition.