At a glance:
This program is offered online
Minimum admission requirements
- Successful completion of a four-year Honours Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with a minimum 75% average. The Bachelor's degree will normally be in a field relevant to public health.
- Students must submit a personal essay of no more than 500 words explaining the education, work and life experiences 1) that have brought them to the decision to apply to the MPH program; and 2) how the MPH will help them in their future career.
- Students must have at least one year of prior work experience in a public health setting, either through full or part-time employment or through co-operative work terms as an undergraduate (volunteer experience may be applicable).
- Although statistics is not a prerequisite for admission, students should have a suitable background in statistics to meet prerequisite standards for all graduate level courses, before beginning coursework. An undergraduate course in research methods (with a minimum 75%) is recommended.
- Students will be recruited as recent graduates from 4-year Bachelor of Science (BSc) or Bachelor of Arts (BA) programs in Health Studies and related disciplines, or alternatively as mature students holding a 4-year degree in a related discipline with relevant work experience in population and public health. Students with advanced professional degrees in recognized health disciplines (e.g. MD, DVM) will also be eligible for admission.
- Two references, one academic and one professional. If applicants have been out of school for an extended period of time (>5 years) and are unable to supply an academic reference they may submit two professional references. Please ensure that one professional referee is able to comment on the applicants academic ability and potential.
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $42.80 incidental fees per term (as of fall 2019)
- International students, full-time: $8,490.00 tuition and $42.80 incidental fees per term (as of fall 2019)
- Study and living costs
- February 1, 2020 (for admission in September 2020)