At a glance:
- February 1 (for admission in September)
Minimum admission requirements
- A Master of Arts (MA) degree, (or its equivalent) in Recreation and Leisure Studies or related field, with a minimum 75% average in master's level coursework.
- Completion of an MA thesis.
- Each applicant must submit a written statement outlining their research interests.
- Students seeking admission to the PhD program should indicate in the letter of application who would be appropriate as a faculty advisor.
- Three academic references
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $491.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- International students, full-time: $7,182.00 tuition and $703.01 incidental fees per term (as of January 2021)
- Study and living costs