At a glance:
Graduate research fields
- Crime, Law, and Security
- Knowledge, Education, and Digital Culture
- Migration, Borders, and Transnationalism
- Social Inequality and Public Policy
Minimum admission requirements
- Normally a Master's degree or its equivalent in Sociology with at least an 83% average in course work.
- A statement of academic interest (approximately a page, outlining areas of interest and reasons for choosing to study at the University of Waterloo).
- Students may choose to submit results from the Graduate Record Examination (both the General Section and the Special Field, Sociology).
- Three academic references
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
Approximate tuition, fees, and living costs
- Canadian and permanent resident students, full-time: $2,254.00 tuition and $470.90 incidental fees per term (as of January 2020)
- International students, full-time: $6,972.00 tuition and $682.90 incidental fees per term (as of January 2020)
- Due to funding restrictions, the Faculty of Arts is currently limiting the number of international students we can admit. Please contact the department's Associate Chair, Graduate Studies prior to applying to discuss your interest in this program.
- Study and living costs
- January 15, 2020 (for admission in September 2020)