The third annual GRADflix Showcase, was held virtually on Friday, January 29. Over 250 staff, faculty, students, and supporters tuned in live to watch the viewing of the 25 finalists announcement of the winners.
Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Affairs is pleased to announce this year’s winners:
- First place ($750 prize): Anna Murynka, MA student, Psychology, Faculty of Arts. Video title: Mediums for self-help (YouTube)
- Second place ($500 prize): Murdoch McKinnon, MSc student, Geography and Environmental Management, Faculty of Environment. Video title: Reclaiming well pads in our boreal peatlands (YouTube)
- Third place ($250 prize): Ben Szoller, PhD candidate, Religious Studies, Faculty of Arts. Video title: Catholic social and ecological teaching in Canadian farming communities (YouTube)
- Fourth place ($250 prize): Madu Galappaththi, PhD candidate, School of Environment, Resources and Sustainability, Faculty of Environment. Video title: Gender, wellbeing and dried fish (YouTube)
- People’s Choice Award ($250 prize): Anika Chiang, MSc student, Geography and Environmental Management, Faculty of Environment. Video title: Nutrient leaching in agriculture (YouTube)
All of the finalists videos, along with an additional 26 GRADflix competitor submissions, are available for viewing on the GRADflix YouTube playlist.
Thank you to all of the competitors for their amazing submission, and congratulations to the winners!