Research Team

If you are interested in joining the High Voltage Engineering Laboratory (HVEL) to undertake MASc and/or PhD research, you should identify the research area, and send your CV, your interest in joining the HVEL at the University of Waterloo (UW) to the relevant member of the HVEL Research Group. In addition, training in the field of High Voltage Engineering can also be gained by taking courses in the relevant area.

Please note that there are positions available for Ph.D program in 2022/23.

Graduate Courses

On campus regular courses

Online professional development courses

Undergraduate students are encouraged to participate in the graduate program by either taking graduate level courses or working as interns during summer or UW's work terms. Their main role is to assist in research projects.

See our list of research projects.


There are opportunities to get involved in the HVEL as an undergraduate student:

  • Undergraduate Research Assistantship (URA) program
  • 4th year engineering design project
  • Co-op work term