Benefits of industrial membership
- A total of two days consulting per year, at a location of your choice.
- The company's obligations are concerned with travel expenses, only, if any.
- Receipt of pre-prints of our research manuscripts as they are accepted for publication.
- This gives the company member access to recent state-of-the-art research results well in advance (sometimes almost a year and a half) before they appear in the open literature.
- Free registration (except for room and board) for representatives of your company at our annual Symposium on Polymerization Theory/Practice.
- The Symposium takes place annually in May.
- Industrial short courses
- 2 annual locations--Waterloo, Ontario and Europe
- General Courses--Polymer Science and Polymer Reaction Engineering
- Courses on specific technologies (e.g., polyolefins, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), emulsions...)
- Special discounts for member companies
- Special rates for in-house courses for member companies
- Preferential consideration in undertaking contract research and other, more informal interactions.
- Reduced rates on our specialized equipment Gel permeation chromatography (GPC)/Low-angle laser light scattering (LALLS), Crystallization Analysis Fractionation (CRYSTAF), Rheometrics, polymerization pilot plant, high temperature GPC/Viscometer, etc.).
- Such services are normally not available to non-member companies.
- Rates are negotiated based on the number of samples or the scope of project.
The membership fee is payable by cheque to the Institute for Polymer Research
Membership is renewable annually by paying the fee
Afton Chemical Corporation
- Compuplast Canada Inc.
- Lanxess Inc.
- OMNOVA Solutions Inc.
- Princeton Polymer Consultants, USA